Monday, May 21, 2012

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

I am really getting the hang of baking cupcakes. Today I made Chocolate Banana Cupcakes adapted from Stephanie Jaworski of joyofbaking.com

Aside from chocolate cravings, I have these bananas that are too ripe and are not nice to eat anymore and that's why I made these cupcakes.

straight right out of the oven

yummy looking cupcakes!


Bananas plus chocolate is love. 

So here's the recipe for the cupcakes:

Banana Chocolate Cupcakes:

1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar

1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour

1/3 cup (35 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (regular or Dutch-processed)

3/4 teaspoons baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 large egg

1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas(about 1 medium sized banana)

1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water

1/4 cup (60 ml) milk

1/4 cup (60 ml) canola, corn, or vegetable oil

3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Banana Chocolate Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Line 12 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick vegetable spray.

In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed banana, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. (The batter is quite thin.) Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. 

Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.

I used different frosting for this one. I still have left over icing from the Chocolate Tablea Cake I made last Mother's day and used it here.

I made 22 regular sized cupcakes with this recipe and I don't know why, hahahaha! The cakes are moist and just the right sweetness I love.



1 comment: