Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU, NANAY! and my only sister MHILAY! and ALL THE MOTHERS AND SINGLE DADS OUT THERE!

I miss her a lot, she'll be having their 3rd child (it's a boy, at last)!
Her whole family is now living in Calgary, Canada.  

My ever dearest Nanay!  The best NANAY for me!  She's been there with me through all my ups and downs!
I'm gonna miss her though if in case she'll be with my sister in Canada!

For this mother's day, I made the Chocolate Tablea Cake from Yummy.  I made this with the help of the hubby.  The recipe says that I bake it in 2 9-inch pan, to make it a double layer cake but I only have one.  What I did was I baked the second batch in a square pan and I had trouble how in the world would I make it two layers ahahaha! I am happy with the turn out of the cake itself but the icing seemed runny for me, just like a ganache.  I think it's because of the humidity in my place  that when I put it in the fridge it hardened though.  But all in all it was a success!

cooling down!


i can't get it rotated boohoo!

Here's the recipe for the cake:

Makes 1 (9-inch) double layer cake Prep Time 15 minutes Baking Time 30 to 35 minutes

1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup tablea chocolate, chopped finely
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter, cubed and softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanila extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

For the icing
20 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
3 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons corn syrup

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; grease and flour paper.
2 In a bowl, mix cocoa powder and tablea with boiling water; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.

4 Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
5 Gradually add cocoa mixture, beating well.
6 In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
7 Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
8 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pans and turn out onto wire racks; carefully peel off wax paper. Cool completely.
9 Make the icing: Place chocolate and cream in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thick, for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup. Transfer to a large, wide metal bowl. Refrigerate until frosting is cool enough to spread, about 2 hours, checking and stirring every 15 minutes. Use immediately to frost the double layer cake.

Choc-chopping tip: Instead of chopping tablea finely, you can also chop the tablea roughly and whiz in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.

This is a must try and easy to make. Thanks Yummy!


almost gone!



Till next time.

Elsa

No comments:

Post a Comment