Friday, June 8, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Happy Friday!!!!  I love Fridays and especially weekdays, what's there no to love?  I get to cuddle with the hubby, spend time with my family and share with them my baked goodies.


Last night I baked Banana cupcakes and made the half special by adding chocolate chips to it.  My husband loved it!  He said that it was moist and not too sweet to his taste and had two pieces in just two big bites hahahaha!


I also made instant Buttermilk Biscuits from Betty Crocker.  I have some issues with the outcome of the mix and will share it with you in another post.


So here's the recipe I got from Martha Stewart,  Banana Cupcakes less the frosting.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes plus cooling
Yield Makes 12 (but I made 21 cupcakes from this recipe)  :)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.



finished product with and without the chocolate chips, they looked so lovely 
This banana cupcakes are moist even after you refrigerated it.  You must try it too!


Have a great day ahead!


Elsa

1 comment: