Friday, June 1, 2012

My Version of Mini Ube Mamon

I wanted to try something different from my usual bakes of cupcakes so I tried Yummy's recipe for Mini Ube Mamon yesterday.

I followed the instruction to a T except for the baking time and made 12 regular size mamon and 12 muffin size out of the recipe. However, the muffin sized mamons were I think overcooked (yaiks!) because it turned out some kind of rice cakes, fluffy on top and slightly hard at the bottom .
I enjoyed using my electric mixer a lot and I feel that I am beginning to acquire muscles from doing so (asa!) hahahaha! I might do this recipe again but I'll be more vigilant of the time.

MINI UBE MAMON

Makes about 26 pieces

2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup corn oil
1 teaspoon ube flavocol
6 egg yolks

10 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

For the topping
melted butter
sugar
grated cheese (optional)

1 Sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder.

2 In a large bowl, combine water, milk, oil, flavocol, and egg yolks.

3 Mix together the liquid and dry ingredients. Do not overmix.

4 Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, remaining sugar, and cream of tartar until medium peaks form; fold into the prepared mixture.

5 Pour into lined mamon or cupcake molds until three-fourths full. (You may also use a muffin pan.)

6 Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 30 minutes.

7 Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar, and grated cheese (if desired).

they look like they're anemic LOLzzz

cooling stage

buttered and sugared with some grated cheese on top! YUM!


Hubby and I had two servings each of this fluffy and creamy mamon! I also brought some for my office mates today and they said that it's A ok!

**I used Ferna flavocol for this recipe and I am disappointed with the turnout of color :(

For me it was very pale and not so good looking.

BTW, we celebrated our 8th year wedding anniversary yesterday and I am praying still for our journey together!


Till next time,

Elsa













No comments:

Post a Comment