I have these corn kernels which was only a free item from a grocery. From then on I searched for recipes over the internet where can I finally use it. And Alas, last week I browsed and browsed and my mouse led me to this food blog. The recipe said to be from the Top Secret Recipes. Really, super thank you!
And here's the recipe:
Kenny Rogers Roasters Corn Muffins
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
4. Add corn to mixture and combine until corn is worked in.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins begin to turn brown on top.
I had to do some changes with the recipe though, I used canned whole corn kernel and Kosher salt in this recipe. Also I had a hard time finding cornmeal! I got my cornmeal from Healthy Option and shocked that they do sell reasonable priced items too. I have to go back and make some time to see what other stuff they sell.
|Super moist and nuggety (if there's such a word)!|
My tasters, hubby and office mates really did liked it! Will make another batch soon, because someone requested me for this tasty corn muffins.
Have a great Tuesday even if its raining down here. God bless us all!